What Personal Information About Customers Does Silo Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Silo experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping or selling for you, improving our tools, and communicating with you and others in the supply chain.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Silo or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Silo on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Silo or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Silo if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your communication preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as Recommended for You , personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Silo Associates with content served by Silo and Web sites using Checkout by Silo payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Silo Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Silo Technologies Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Silo sellers or buyers, these businesses operate their businesses on Silo and may choose to communicate and do business with you on Silo. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering loads, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card and ACH payments, and providing customer service. They have access to company information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Silo customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address or disclose any pricing information. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from promotions.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers and bank accounts when confirming an order. Our payments processor securely stores your credit card and bank account numbers; Silo doesn’t store this information.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase, sale or to take advantage of Silo.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced by emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are Children Allowed to Use Silo?
Silo does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Silo only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit usesilo.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Delaware. If you have any concern about privacy at usesilo.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.